Saturday 14 March 2015

Self Defence

I'm sure by now its general common knowledge that outfits of the martial arts persuasion have been very present on the spring runways. Judo belts and Obi belts alike are currently a more favoured accessory when cinching an oversized coat or dress. Jackets, shirts and pants akin to that sought of style of the east Asian traditional 'fighting art'. And Im kind of feeling it.

Marni SS 15

Celine SS 15

3.1 Phillip Lim SS 15
 
The Row SS 15

I'm a very impressional person. So much so that after seeing a kid at my gym in his full Karate get-up at what must have been a "bring-your-kid-to-the-gym-day" (seriously there were kids everywhere) I immediately went on to ebay and searched 'karate outfit'.

seriously guys this is so high fashion

 Don't worry I'm not that insane. You won't find me going to class in a karate uniform any time soon. But i have had my very lustful eye on this set from topshop that speaks to me on a very martial arts inclined level.

Wool Takashi Top and Tie-Side Takashi Trousers by Boutique

Too bad they don't stock it at the Perth store and they don't have my size online. Although that's probably a good thing, I don't know if i should be spending $300 on clothes at this point in my young life.


Photo credit: style.com and karateuniformjapan.com


No comments:

Post a Comment